Come join a team with a long standing reputation for serving high quality meat, deli and BBQ items! We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to work at our Corporate Office located in Concord.
Maintain multi-company books according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Complete tasks related to the processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as well as the analysis and reconciliation of AP and AR accounts. Adjust AP and AR accounts as necessary using best accounting practices.
- Reconcile, problem solve and record daily sales activities.
- Research and prepare entries to the General Ledger using generally accepted accounting practices.
- Complex cash flow management.
- Participate in month end closing of the books and Business Review.
- Assist in the development and analysis of the Inventory process. Complete monthly inventory. Troubleshoot, rectify and report inventory issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating monthly product costing worksheets and performing daily and monthly costing. Participate in the development of costing modules.
- Perform POS updates and support store operations with training and procedures for POS changes.
- Assist with payroll process for multiple entities, perform semi-monthly payroll journal entries and reconciliation to ensure accurate coding of expenses. Discrepancy resolution for payroll General Ledger accounts. Ensure appropriate funding is available for payroll accounts.
- Support the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assist with staff training and procedure writing for accounting and store staff.
- Ensure all Monthly, Quarterly and Annual governing entity reports are accurate and complete.
- Handle projects as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
- Perform advanced level accounting functions.
- Must be able to utilize spreadsheets and accounting software programs to handle a wide variety of routine to complex issues.
- Positive person in a fast-paced changing environment, flexible, adaptable, influential and able to multi-task, with a collaborative attitude
- Ability to use technical and analytical skills to problem-solve and troubleshoot situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must have excellent work habits, including willingness to work the hours necessary to meet important financial and operational deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to keep information confidential internally and externally.
- Must possess the ability to handle difficult people or situations.
- Advanced Quickbooks
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bookkeeping Practices
- Inventory Management
- Cost Accounting
- POS Systems
- Oral/written Communication Skills
- Math Aptitude
- Organization and filing
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy- Word, Intermediate Excel, Outlook
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and ability to perform the job.
Degree: AA or higher degree in accounting/finance and/or completion of a certificate of accounting program.
Prior accounting experience 5+ years of complex accounting, A/P, A/R, General Ledger entries through month end closing and financial report preparation. Multi entity Accounting experience. Payroll processing experience through general ledger entry. Point of Sale system experience. Restaurant experience a plus.
We offer great benefits, including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Generous Employee Discounts
***MUST INCLUDE SALARY EXPECTATIONS IN YOUR RESUME/APPLICATION***